We are currently accepting applications for:
Teachers On Call- The WCC is seeking employees for substitute teacher positions covering regular teachers absences. Applicants must hold an ECE Assistant Certificate, ECE Certificate, or Responsible Adult training.
Early Childhood Educator: This is a full time (36 hours, 4 days/week) position that would find you working in a rotating basis throughout the centre’s 4 programs. We are looking for someone who has the ability to multi task, is a team player, and has a genuine love for working with children. Compensation ranges between $16-$20 (depending on qualifications and years of experience) plus benefits. The successful candidate must possess an ECE or ECEA License issued by the British Columbia Ministry of Children and Families.
Early Childhood Educator Infant Toddler: This is a full time (36 hours, 4 days/week) position that would find you working with our littlest people in the Dandelions program. We are looking for someone who has the knowledge and skills to work with infants and toddlers. Compensation ranges between $20 – $23 (depending on qualifications and years of experience) plus benefits. The successful candidate must possess an ECE IT License issued by the British Columbia Ministry of Children and Families.
Our teachers are responsible for:
- Children – Ensure that all guidance of children encourages positive self-concept, follows policy, and assists in teaching age appropriate problem solving skills. Provide an enriched environment through fostering language development for both verbal and non-verbal children. Assist with proper eating, dressing and toilet habits. Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Administration – Plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for children, engaging in meaningful relationships with children. Regularly attends room meetings and general staff meetings
- Working with Families – Builds strong relationships with families based on respect, empathy and clear communication
- Health and Safety – Ensures that all current WCC policies relating to health and safety and nutrition are followed
We are looking for educators who are fun, creative and caring. If you have experience working with children and are interested in joining our team please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome out of country applicants for all positions, however you will need to take the steps necessary to become qualified in BC. Please review the ECE BC Registry information for expediting the application process. The Welcome BC website also explains the process of registration if you are from out of country.
Our wages are designed to reflect Early Childhood Education qualifications. Starting wages are dependent on applicant’s Early Childhood Educator qualifications, years of experience and position within the centre.
We offer stable year round employment with the following benefits for eligible full time teachers after 3 months of employment:
- 100% BC Medical Services Plan Coverage coverage for single or family coverage.
- 100% Extended Health & Dental for single or family coverage.
- Paid days off to attend to physical and mental well being.
- Wellness Benefit ranging from $1000 to $1,600 per year.
- Employees with children attending the Centre receive waitlist priority and a child care discount.
- Day off with pay on your birthday, Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.
- Professional development & educational subsidy allowance.
To apply for a position with the Whistler Children’s Centre, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Whistler Children's Centre